From what I remember the concept for this game came about in a brainstorm while driving from Falls City NE toward Saint Joseph MO and Kansas City MO one Saturday in 2011 and most likely over several trips during this time frame. To understand more I first must tell you that my Girlfriend is a huge lover and fan of the color PURPLE! She is absolutely FANATICAL about the color purple. In fact I think it would be fair to sat that a big part of her life has been dedicated to the color PURPLE! … Continue Reading...
Signup below, to be notified once we launch the website.
"The Purple Game!" is a fun car game of spotting 10 unique purple things!
Trust us, this is a lot harder than you think!
About “The Purple Game!”
The Purple Game! Rules
- Before the start of play, decide how many points you are playing to. We recommend 10 points. However, this number be be adjusted depending on location and length of trip. Often times, this goes unsaid. A 10 system really works well!
- Once the scoring system has been established, it’s now time to play! As you drive along simply be the first to discover and spot anything that’s purple. Once you do this be the first to say “Purple!” You now have your first point! Congrats!
- Some examples of what counts as one point would be a purple car, a purple house, a purple work of art such as a sculpture, purple business signage, etc. You will constantly be surprised at all the random things that are the color purple. You will also be surprised how difficult it can be to find purple things!
- However, to keep the game fun we do have to exclude a small number of things from being counted. Purple flowers and articles of clothing do not count. Sorry but that purple t shirt on the funny man doesn’t count! Bumper Stickers, purple hats, scarves etc do not count. Sorry about that! Trust us, it makes for a much better playing experience.
- Our final rule is on safety. When pointing out purple objects be careful of where you point and wave your fingers/hands. Especially around the driver. Also, volume levels. It’s very easy to get over-excited and yell out “Purple!” As you discover new purple objects be mindful not to distract the driver away from their job of safely operating the vehicle.
Follow these rules and you will have a very fun game of “The Purple Game!“.
Tom and Karissa